SUMMER GAMES 2024 - PARIS BASILIQUE
The basilica is associated with this major global event which takes place in Paris. She wants to welcome the many visitors who will come to discover LE SACRE COEUR and which overlooks the Montmartre hill.
Let’s go for the “2024 summer games“
Throughout the duration of the games, every afternoon, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., the basilica welcomes you and offers you its “2024 Summer Games” route.
- 5 STEPS await you to win the medal that will be offered to you
- 5 WAYS to discover the basilica
- 5 SMALL CHALLENGES related to sport (everyone can participate)
- 5 STOPS to build fraternity
- 5 STEPS to ignite hearts
During the period of the summer games which take place in Paris, in 2024, the basilica offers you multilingual masses
Tuesday to Friday 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Saturday at 11 a.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- A chapel (Located at the back of the basilica, after the model) is dedicated to prayer for peace and for athletes. You can come and place your prayer intentions there and light the peace candle (Ligth of peace, Vela de la paz)
- Excerpts from the Word of God are also offered to you. Don’t hesitate to take them.
- We provide you with the rosary of the 5 continents (Do not hesitate to obtain it from the store as well as pins from the summer games)
“May these games (Olympic and Paralympic) be an opportunity for deep and fruitful encounters between people from all walks of life, belonging to different peoples, cultures and religions”…
“Above all, open your hearts,” the Pope asked us. Through the gratuity and generosity of your welcome and your dedication, you will bear strong witness to Christ who lives in you and who communicates his joy to you. »