Opening Hours for the visit
- The Basilica is open every day from 6.30 am to 10.30 pm. Entrance is free. Reservation is not needed for group visits.
- Access to the Dome is outside the Basilica on the left. Warning: there are 300 steps to climb and no lift! Opening hours: Every day from 10.30 am. to 8.30 pm. (June to September) These times are subject to change and can vary according to the weather.
Admission charge: There are various rates to access the Dome. Please ask for further information.
- For security reasons, the crypt is closed at the present time.
- The Bell Tower is not open to visitors.
- Grand Organ: there is no visit of the organ. As the Basilica is dedicated to the perpetual adoration of the Holy Sacrament (day and night for over 135 years), a prayer silent in nature, no concerts are held here. The only exception is the organ concert on Christmas Eve at 10.30p.m. The Grand Organ will play at Sunday mass (11 a.m., 6 p.m., 10 p.m.) and Vespers (4p.m.).
- In order to maintain silence for prayer, there are no guided tours of the interior of the Basilica.
- A guidebook is available in several languages at the Basilica bookshop (closed on Mondays). Price 5 euros.
- During the day (except Mondays), a Benedictine Sister of the Sacré-Cœur de Montmartre is on duty at the reception desk of the Basilica to answer your questions.