We owe the following description of St John's church to Father
Steiger, the parish priest.
The church was built between 1897 and 1904 by the architect Anatole de Baudot. Its magnificent stained-glass windows are by Jacques Galland. The church was built thanks to the perseverance of Father Sobaux. He was the parish priest from 1908 to 1913. One of the noteworthy aspects of the church is the building technique which was ahead of its time in looking forward to the use of reinforced concrete.
Guided tours : organized by " Art, Culture et Foi " the second and fourth sunday of each month. On the first and third sunday, there is an audio-visual presentation.
The church is open
weekdays : from 8.30 to 12 and 15 to 19.30.
sundays : from 8.30 to 12 and 15 to 18 (winter) from 16 to 19 (summer).
In the parish tradition of openness and welcome, the people serving at the reception carry out four-fold mission :
Paroisse St Jean de Montmartre
19, rue des Abbesses
tél. (33)- 01 46 06 43 96